- All bets are placed in accordance with Sporting Star fair deal rules and all odds are subject to fluctuation and bets placed will be settled at the starting price (SP) unless price is taken at the time the bet was struck (not applicable for races that offer Pari-Mutual dividends.
- Bets are settled to win unless each way is clearly stated and place only bets are not accepted for less than three selections and any taken in error will be void. Place term for any Place only bet for all fixed odds races would be as per the race type or number of runners. Place term for all Pari Mutual races as for the official place dividends and the place part of each way bets on fixed odds greyhound racing is settled as per the following place terms.
|2-4 runners||WIN ONLY|
|5-7 runners||1/4 odds, 1, 2|
|8 runners||1/5 odds, 1, 2, 3|
If an insufficient number of greyhounds finish the race to fulfill the advertised place terms, bets will be settled only on the greyhounds that actually do finish the race. Bets placed on greyhounds that do not finish the race will have lost. If the number of runners deemed to have participated in the race is reduced due to a greyhounds being withdrawn, each way bets will be settled on the revised place terms regardless of the time of bet placement.
- In favorite betting. “The favorite” is the greyhound that is returned at the shortest SP, “the second favorite” is the greyhound that is returned at the second shortest SP. Bets are settled on the official result and Bets nominating the favorite are accepted at starting price only for fixed odds races only (not for Pari Mutual races). Each way or place only bets not accepted for “The favorite”. If two or more greyhounds start as joint or co-favorites the stake will be divided equally across each other and dead heat rules apply.
- If a GREYHOUND BE WITHDRAWN, all bets nominating that selection by name or trap number will go on to the replacement (reserve greyhound).
- In Forecast betting punter shall predict two greyhounds to finish first and second in the correct order or any order depending on the bet type for a given race and are settled on the official result. Forecasts are accepted on greyhound races of three or more runners and in Pari Mutual betting, Exacta and Quinella would be accepted for runners according to each industry standards and if there is a dead heat for first or second place, a separate dividend will be declared for each winning forecast.
For fixed odds races, bets would be settle on industry forecast dividends and in case a non-runner included in a forecast bet, bet would be settled as a single bet for the remaining selection. If both selections withdrawn from the race, bet shall be made void. In case if just one or two runners finishes the race, bets for this market will be settle as a win single for 1st nominated selection.
For Pari Mutual races, bets would be settle on industry quinella, exacta dividends and in case a non-runner included on these bets, bets shall be made void.
- In Tricast /Trifecta betting punter shall predict three greyhounds to finish first, second and third in the correct order for a given race and are settled on the official result. If there is a dead heat for first, second or third place, a separate dividend will be declared for each winning forecast. If one or more withdrawn greyhound reduce the number of runners in the given race to five or fewer, bets placed this market will be settled as a forecast/exacta on the selections nominated to finish first and second.